Ania Designs

Love silk, lace, pretty things...even more, loving to use those in order to help fight injustice in the world. If only a tiny bit at a time. (Photo courtesy Benjamin Images)

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to the blog for Ania. I will publish as much as I have time for to keep everyone up to speed on what I'm up to.

A little background. Ania began as a dream, something to be hoped for, when I was only a senior in high school. I loved weddings, and I loved sewing, and this evolved into my passion for custom designing wedding gowns.

I feel like I have had the, "Been there, done that" experience with school and a pretty high rolling career up until the end of last year. The only thing I had no peace about was the fact that I'd never just gone for it - my dream of Ania. If ever I thought about it over the last five years, I was too scared, not motivated enough, or it just wasn't the right time. Until a couple of weeks ago.

God has lined everything up wonderfully, and continues to do so. The right amount of encouragement at the right time, the right amount of fabric for a sample dress, generous friends who offered a space for me to use as a studio for free, or who did free photos, friends who offered to help me write up concrete contracts and review business plans. Not to mention the right and sincere motives I needed to get going at a good pace.

Welcome to my dream. I can't wait to show you around.

No comments: