Ania Designs

Love silk, lace, pretty things...even more, loving to use those in order to help fight injustice in the world. If only a tiny bit at a time. (Photo courtesy Benjamin Images)

Thursday, June 12, 2008

She dresses herself with strength
and makes her arms strong.
She perceives that her merchandise is profitable.
Her lamp does not go out at night.
She puts her hands to the distaff,
and her hands hold the spindle.
She opens her hand to the poor
and reaches out her hands to the needy. - Proverbs 31:17-20

God has used this passage recently to light a fire in my heart, fuel some long lost dreams of mine. My dreams of making wedding gowns. But that's not all there is to it. Recently God gave me dreams of helping others. Because I don't exist for my own satisfaction, I have realized, I exist to help others, love others, to serve and give of myself and use the talents God has generously poured out on me.

So here she is: a woman in her 20s with a small company that makes couture wedding gowns and provides an unforgettable experience. All so that she can seek out God's heart - a higher calling to help those in need, to help bind up the broken hearted, provide for those in need, free the captives.

No comments: