Ania Designs

Love silk, lace, pretty things...even more, loving to use those in order to help fight injustice in the world. If only a tiny bit at a time. (Photo courtesy Benjamin Images)

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Time

Time is something I was prompted to consider at a pretty early age. I am pretty sure I was 15, almost 16, sitting in geography of all classes. Mr. Perry was my teacher.

The first thing of the entire year he asked us was, "How do you spend your time? Like a currency? Is it worth something to you?" He went on to talk about how we need to be careful in spending our time. Prioritizing. It's funny how I didn't really think much of it, just did my thing, finished all of my homework on time, and hung out with friends and family. I didn't really think about how I was spending it.

However, now I think about it, and the man was brilliant. Practices that I work hard at now revolve much around that first 30 minutes of my geography class sophomore year. Blocking out my time, prioritizing my tasks, all of which I am not perfect at, but now understand the importance of.

I look at the year ahead, the dresses that I will be making, and the other work to be done when running a business, and I am glad to have had words of wisdom that came back at just the right time.

No comments: