Ania Designs

Love silk, lace, pretty things...even more, loving to use those in order to help fight injustice in the world. If only a tiny bit at a time. (Photo courtesy Benjamin Images)

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Fashion for Good

Rise Up is an organization that never ceases to amaze me. On the entrance to their website (http://www.riseupinternational.com/) it asks, "Can Fashion Fight Poverty?" They've proven that it sure can. Check out their cause, what they've been able to do, and their heart for those in need.

One of my struggles with starting my business was that I always viewed fashion and designing clothes as something that is vain, all about the way a person looked, and the status that it gave off. I had a hard time relating that to God and the fact that He could actually use it for the good. Guess what...it looks like He can. :)

No comments: