Ania Designs

Love silk, lace, pretty things...even more, loving to use those in order to help fight injustice in the world. If only a tiny bit at a time. (Photo courtesy Benjamin Images)

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Great Lakes Outreach

The same conversation has been surfacing for the past 8 months or so:

What do you suggest your brides do with their wedding gowns after the big day?

And up until a few days ago, I had no idea what to tell them. I can recommend where they can go to have it cleaned and preserved, but that was about the extent of it.

Until I found the website for the Great Lakes Outreach organization I talked about in the previous post. Under their "Get Involved" section, at the bottom they are asking for donated wedding gowns! I couldn't believe my eyes.

I understand that many women would like to keep their gowns for their daughters or granddaughters, this is completely acceptable! I may even do the same some day (though I wonder if my kids and grand kids would someday want a GOR-TEX gown and also get married in the snow??).

At any rate, I have a lot of women who don't know just what to do with their gowns. I think this is a fabulous opportunity! I'll definitely be spreading the word about this sweet concept. I've recently contacted GLO, and I'm waiting for them to get back to me. I can't wait to tell you what they say!

No comments: