Ania Designs

Love silk, lace, pretty things...even more, loving to use those in order to help fight injustice in the world. If only a tiny bit at a time. (Photo courtesy Benjamin Images)

Thursday, December 11, 2008

My happy corner

"There was one question which I never dreamed of raising. I never noticed that the very strength and facility of the pessimists' case at once poses us a problem. If the universe is so bad, or even half so bad, how on earth did human beings ever come to attribute it to the activity of a wise and good Creator? Men are fools, perhaps; but hardly so foolish as that."

-C.S. Lewis, The Problem of Pain (Chapter 1, page 3, 2nd paragraph, emphasis mine)


Oh yes, I do remember saying I would post pictures of my corner devoted to human rights. I still have articles and photos to put up. I've been adding a little bit at a time to keep these issues at the front of my mind. To continually be reminded of why I'm working so hard on my company. To allow my heart to be broken, and remind myself how blessed I am, that my gifts are to be put towards good work in this world. (Framed photo by Benjamin Images)


It's sometimes hard to think about these things, honestly. But I have to continually remind myself that God is sovereign. Helping me out a lot with that right now is reading The Problem of Pain by C.S. Lewis. He has some amazing insight into the question of, "How could a loving God and benevolent Creator allow evil in the world?"

All of the little fuchsia cards have a different issue on them with the definition:



And of course, each of those brown cards with the gold writing on them are scripture from the bible. Reminders of the call on my life, as well as God's promises:


Welcome to another little piece of my world and my heart.

No comments: