Ania Designs

Love silk, lace, pretty things...even more, loving to use those in order to help fight injustice in the world. If only a tiny bit at a time. (Photo courtesy Benjamin Images)

Monday, November 24, 2008

The Ania Experience

When a bride walks through my door (or the door of a wine shop, or coffee shop...wherever we happen to meet), it's a big deal. A big deal for me, yes, but a big deal to her. She's trusting me with the single most important garment she will wear in her lifetime. That to me, is a huge privilege. In turn, she gets the best treatment I can possibly drum up. An experience she'll never forget. She'll feel like a queen, as she should.

The process is void of any pressure on her part, and full of relaxation and special touches just for her. It's an individual experience. That's what I love about it. One bride will not experience things exactly the same way as the next. It is not just a custom gown, but a custom experience.

On a somewhat related note, I am doing a little bit of peer feedback work with a friend, Jeff Marcoux, who is a business consultant up in Seattle. He's a natural at constructive criticism, which may sound a bit negative, but it's most definitely not, and it's rare to find somebody with honesty like his. Anyway, getting constructive criticism is something I like to subject myself to quite frequently to better my business. After a bit of chatting back and forth this past week, he says:

"I got excited about the Ania Experience and I'm a guy!!!"

I laughed out loud. :)

No comments: