Ania Designs

Love silk, lace, pretty things...even more, loving to use those in order to help fight injustice in the world. If only a tiny bit at a time. (Photo courtesy Benjamin Images)

Friday, November 7, 2008

Remembering

Lately I've been incredibly busy. I'm not talking working my 40 hours and having my evenings filled with fabulous friends and social events. I'm talking, working 50 hours a week at two jobs, plus running my business for another 30 hours of my week. And if I'm lucky, a cup of coffee at 6am with a friend.

I got so busy, that for a few days there, I was a robot. OK, most of October I was a robot. You called it. I looked forward to the hours I could put toward Ania each day, and that was about all that kept me going. But in the midst of everything, I began losing sight of my goals.

Sure, I want to give my brides the absolute service, and the most beautiful dress they could imagine. That's never wavered. But I was beginning to forget the mission of my heart - to offer a hand to those who are forgotten, oppressed, unloved. To show mercy.

I've started a little corner in my office to remind myself of the blessings I have, to remind myself to pass blessings on to others. Pictures. Maps. News articles. I'll have to remember to take a photo and post it here.


He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

No comments: