Ania Designs

Love silk, lace, pretty things...even more, loving to use those in order to help fight injustice in the world. If only a tiny bit at a time. (Photo courtesy Benjamin Images)

Monday, January 19, 2009

The Answers to my "Betcha" Post

Without any further adieu, here are the answers to my post regarding Style Me Pretty's post about stylish wedding gowns from 2008. I think if you know me well enough, or if you've seen any number of my fashion sketches, you'll have picked these out pretty easily.

1. Top choice, this caught my eye so quick, yet held my attention for quite some time. Though that's not hard to do with this one! Row 2, the gown on the right. I really enjoyed the different forms of fabric manipulation and the geometric detail, both in the bodice, and at the lower half of the skirt. Totally unique and lovely.

2. Second choice: Rows 10/11. It only took me a moment to imagine how absolutely lovely she must have felt wearing this gown! What did it was seeing the top right hand photo of somebody holding up her train. How elegant to wear layers of chiffon, so soft and feminine. Not forgetting the beautiful detail on the bodice paired with the timeless covered buttons. Loved it.

3. Let's face it, you now see the pattern. I have a love for geometric-inspired design. My third choice is from row 13. I adore this! Tell me you have seen something identical to this and I'll call you a liar (ok, unless you were at that wedding or you yourself designed this gown). The pairing of the very feminine beading and the crisp folds of silk are a wonderful contrast.

The one thing I wish could be done: finding out who the designers were! I'm sure had I been keeping up with trends in wedding gowns while I was tending to a career in mortgages for a few years, I would probably know. But I'm just now getting back in the game - so forgive my lack of knowledge. :)

I hope that was fun for you to see some of my own personal style. I'll try to do more of this in the future, as I really had a good time. I love gawking at beautiful things...and shiny things...they don't call it "Attention Deficit...ohhh SHINY!" for nothing!

No comments: